This website is devoted to offering a brief summary of the following four leading contemporary theories of learning:
Bandura's Social-Cognitive Theory
Skinner's Operant Conditioning Theory
Gagne's Conditions of Learning Theory
Weiner's Attribution Theory
Each summary will include the following parts:
1. Basic assumptions of the theory.
2. Components of the theory.
3. Basic assumptions regarding instruction based upon the theory.
4. Components of instruction based upon the theory and classroom strategies.
5. Other educational issues such as learner characteristics, cognitive processes, and social context.